Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The END!! (Or something like it.)

So here I am, Sharon, sharin' my heart....okay that was lame. I have been on a track of really lame jokes lately. I've noticed them; I mean, they're not hard to track, what with them limping along and all. Har har har!
Okay for serious now. I am taking a slight break from my 2:30 am paper writing regime to reflect on life as it stands for me now. I am approaching the end of my last full year at Bible College (good gracious, I think I just pooped my pants)...but I don't graduate yet; I have a few more courses to finish up before I walk the plank--er, I mean walk the stage.
Speaking of walking the plank, leaving college and finding a life of my own, when I think about it, feels like I am on the high-diving board looking down, about to take the plunge. For serious, it seems a little surreal. Like I am not really sure that I have actually made it up here all the way and am now preparing to jump. I feel like I am getting a little push toward the end of the plank though. I am not quit ready; I feel like I might chuck at the thought of dropping all that way down and splooshing into the water. Will I float to the surface, once I have finally jumped? Will I thrash around, get a cramp, and sink to the bottom? Will I be able to just barely keep my head above the water, or will I discover that I have the ability to do laps? I don't know. But I do know this: my uncertainty about my success should not prevent me from jumping. There will be no crawling back down the ladder on this one. I want to take a flying leap, knowing that whatever happens, my Maker is in control.

No comments: