Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coffee, and withdrawal

I am an avid coffee drinker. I have been for as long as I've been allowed to. I like the taste of a nice home-brewed cuppa joe. Or in the morning, a fresh strong cup with a bran muffin...the best kind of breakfast.

But recently, coffee has become more of a social drink than something that I enjoy. I get it because I am out with friends and coffee is cheap and tastes relatively ok. Just any social gathering is classified as "going out for coffee". Why don't people go out for slurpees, or hot chocolates, or bubbletea? Maybe because slurpees are ice and liquid sugar, and because hardly anyone around this culture-forsaken town can appreciate the fine taste of a good taro-lychee bubbletea. Hah!

I have noticed though, that the hard-core coffee addicts at some point always try to stop drinking. No matter who it is, they always try to stop. "Coffee is bad"...but then they always go back. If it's so bad for us, why do we start??

No comments: