Sunday, May 27, 2007

Top O' the Mornin' to ya!

I have arrived! I am in Ireland, the Emerald Isle, after being awake for over 24 hours, and I sit here at the computer weaving from exhaustion, feeling like my head is floating away from the rest of me. Woo hoo! But no, I can't sleep, or else the jetlag will be prolonged. Ugh.
Yes. Ireland. Gorgeous, old, bricks and walls and people driving on the wrong side of their car down the wrong side of the street. Tiny little cosy adorable houses, tiny little adorable cars. Lots of pasture and greenery outside the city. Ireland! Discovering that the North American world is not too far away; movies, advertisements, products followed us here, or were here waiting for us.
Ireland is a land to be discovered, over and over again! Can't wait to walk down the cobblestone streets (where there is cobblestone), dip into a pub for some fish and chips to wait out the transitory rainfall, chat up the locals and learn the stories behind the words, the customs, the very stones and earth and people that make up the beautiful country that now plays host to me.

Hm. More to come later.
Snafu.

1 comment:

Jeremy:p said...

All that imagery reminds me of the beautiful landscapes of England!!! It's good to hear that you've arrived and will like many of us travelors persevere tiredness in order to be less tired! (weird concept:p). You must take picutures, and give us some pictures on facebook! Sigh, wish I could be travelling right now, it's definately something I could get used to!
Take care, have fun, and get used to the accent!
God Bless