Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Refreshing...

I just went for coffee with a good friend of mine...very refreshing to talk to her, because we talked about ministry and what we'd do after Summit, etc. Usually I don't want to think about that, but with her, I listen to all the stuff she does at her church and how passionate she is about her church and her youth. It makes me think of the potential I have in me and I think that I let myself get a little blind with all the stuff around me. When I talk to her about this stuff I get a yearning to be mentored and to grow. It's like going for a walk and at first, my muscles aren't really warmed up, but then my legs remember what it's like to be active, and I really start to enjoy the walk. And it's like taking a drink from a clean cool stream after the walk, or maybe it's like wanting to take a drink from that stream, because I know it's going to taste so much better and be so fulfilling.
I guess that's a struggle for me; I get consumed with the things around me, and I lose focus on what I'm here for and where God is leading me. I think that's part of why Williams Lake was so revolutionary for me. I caught a glimpse, or maybe totally saw for the first time, the separation of the spiritual world and the physical. What I mean by that is I realized that all the STUFF in our world, like posessions and physical appearance and money and everything like that, doesn't matter. I caught a glimpse of the spiritual effects of my actions and I realized how materialistic I was about everything, not just stuff but about people too; what people wear and what they look like, all the striving against others for better things, social standing, all of that. I realized that it doesn't matter; what matters is being committed to God, living for him in submission and for his glory. I think that's how we can not worry, by knowing that that stuff doesn't matter.
I don't know. But I do know that the talk with my friend was refreshing and I want to be in the type of situation that she's in where she is challenged and poured into and where she challenges and pours into others.

Yeah. Maybe I just need a cure for blindness.
Snafu.

2 comments:

Mike McMillan said...

so whats your passions for when you graduate?

Snafu said...

That's a good question...I want to do outreach of some sort...but that's being more developed as to what that looks like. I want to get some art education, and get a couple languages under my belt. Other than that...not really sure.